Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease (dermatosis), not before the end of the studied etiology, has a tendency to recur. Causes, symptoms and treatment methods of psoriasis considered to be in the article below. This disease is characterized accelerated and enhanced the formation of the cells of the top layer of the skin, persistent inflammation and violation of the property of the epithelial cells of the skin. In addition the epidermis affects the internal organs and systems of the body. Dermatosis is also known as psoriasisvulgaris (bow zoster).
Psoriasis is more widespread among the younger population, its onset usually occurs in 10 to 20 years of age. But recorded cases, when the symptoms and treatment of psoriasis have been observed in infants and the elderly. The disease is common throughout the world and does not have a clear depending on the latitude, of the breed or of the climatic conditions of the environment of life. The prevalence of dermatoses varied in the range 0.1-3%. In the countries of post-soviet space, on average, 1% of the cases.
Just as often this skin disease you sick of men and women.
Up to now it is not set to the true causes of the development of the disease.Highlight a number of factors that lead to the emergence of the disease:
- The legacy. According to the most recent data scholars psoriasis relate certain diseases with the dominant type of transmission.
- Violation of lipid, protein and carbohydrate exchanges. If you suspect psoriasis of the skin quite often manifests itself in the change of these profiles in the blood, which favors the development of cardiovascular pathology, endocrine dysfunction and metabolic syndrome.
- The presence of chronic infectious the hearth in the body. When the research psoriatic plaques often reveals a streptococcal flora. The occurrence of genetic abnormalities may influence viral and bacterial infections, for example, tonsillitis, the flu.
- The failure of the immune system. Dysregulation population of T lymphocytes, increasing the circulation of immune complexes and the increase of titers of antibodies to DNA lead to an autoimmune reaction in the epithelial cells of the skin.
Despite the fact that the causes of psoriasis are very different, this genetic disease is considered a systemic disease, have the tendency to inherit, and damages the internal organs and the system.
The main element of the psoriasis are papules - plans, elevation above the level of the skin, reddish-cyanotic, or pink shades with scaly silvery surface with the horns.
Fresh precipitation have the most rich color, older with time pale. They can be single or wear exhaust the forecast - in any case, it will be symptoms of psoriasis.
Once the papules appear as individual points, skin rashes, which with time increase in size and turn into psoriatic plate of various shapes. A patient may notice elements of skin rashes in different stages of their development.
Note the symmetry of the defeat, but there are exceptions depending on what were the causes of psoriasis. It affects more often the surface of the upper and lower limbs that fold and unfold, large joints, but the disease can affect any part of the body, including the scalp and nails. Very often it is observed osteo-articular disease - psoriatic arthropathy. The prevalence of about 15% of all cases of psoriasis.
Skin rashes, which are the main symptom of psoriasis, there are quite a long time, but more often during the exacerbation replaced in remission with no new eruptions. For aggravation of psoriasis is characterized by cold is the time of year, but with time, the seasonality may change.
To differentiate the disease there are different methods and signs (psoriatic triad):
The phenomenon of fatty acids stearic spots occur when curettage psoriatic element with a sharp object. During this are formed by numerous white scales of silver, imitating the chips stearin.
Further manipulation appears to be the terminal psoriatic film - moist and glossy surface.
The next stage - the phenomenon of blood dew, which on the bare surface of the wound there is a drip bleeding.
Psoriatic process is usually divided into different clinical phases of the pathology, depending on the severity of the disease:
- The progressive phase. The fresh and precipitation often form on the spot trauma of the skin (bite, combing the action of the chemicals, brain damage). Usually 3-7 days from the moment of the impact of traumatic can identify the emergence of new elements. Reinforced embankment the regional increase in old papules, growth, and the fusion of the platelets. Well-defined psoriatic triad. Patients discomfort obvious symptoms of psoriasis of the skin - intense itching, feeling of dryness and tension of the skin.
- The fixed stage. New elements of precipitation there is almost no, there is no old growth elements. Available nodes is active, the peeling treatment. The itching is less pronounced or missing.
- The phase of the fading. Causing psoriatic plaques pale, and they flatten out. Va flaking and itching. Along the edges of the psoriatic lesions appears to be the bezel of depigmentation. The inflammatory activity is reduced. Begins remission, which is more typical of the warmer months.
The aggravation of the process can lead to a number of factors:
- Intake of medicines.
- Exposure to high or low temperatures.
- High stress and emotional instability.
- The worsening or the onset of other diseases.
- The intake of alcohol and large errors in the diet.
When identified with accuracy the causes and treatment of psoriasis takes place on the techniques, the positive dynamic will not wait.
Clinical interest in the disease psoriasis is a period of progressive phase, in which the height of the disease, and active precipitation.
The disease is classified according to the severity and to distinguish the two forms.Simple or vulgar psoriasis has different varieties depending on the shape and location of elements:
- the palms and soles. Often the causes of illness related to the work and people that perform strenuous physical activity. This form of the disease is isolated and only affects the palm of the hand and foot. Skin rashes have the rounded shape of the platelets, there are painful cracks in them. In addition, the stop of the skin and of the hands, often affecting the nail plate, detect dystrophic changes, warp, color change, onycholysis.
- Seborrheic. The primary outbreak of psoriasis is on the scalp. Next, a pathological process can spread on the face, neck, back and chest. Most often occurs in people who are prone to seborrhea, oily and with metabolic abnormalities of the metabolic processes.
- The shape of A drop. This species is widespread throughout the body. Psoriatic elements of small size (4-5 mm), are not plum.
- Bellows. The precipitation found in the skin folds – armpits, the genitals, in women under the breast, the umbilical cavity, between the buttocks and into the crotch. Elements of the rash of bright red color, almost do not have clear borders and a smooth, slightly moist surface. This form most often affects the elderly and young children, but also sufferers of diabetes. In children dermatosis has the tendency to fusion of the platelets, forming huge pockets. Sometimes papules genital are the only signs of psoriasis. In this case, it is necessary to distinguish from rashes and other diseases.
- Warts. Their most are the people with excess body weight. Usually occurs in the buttock and lumbar area during the progression of long-term psoriasis. Can be transformed to another shape under the influence of microbial agent: piodermite or viral flora. Outbreaks of dermatosis with a distinct weeping, and bright inflammation, covered with yellow-gray bark. With the time the process ends deep infiltration and growths warts.
The second form of severe psoriasis, which, in turn, has different variants of the disease:
- The most dangerous one. This option course of psoriasis occurs under the influence of different endogenous trigger factors: stress, excessive exposure to the sun, and corticosteroid therapy, but most often the cause cannot be established. In patients observed allergic hyper-reaction, and even depression immunological indicators, affects the internal organs. When are the symptoms and causes of psoriasis, the skin all over the body hyperemic, with a touch of burgundy, and medium damage of a different nature. On the whole body, the severity of the symptoms is not the same. The patients have complaints on the weakness, and malaise. There was an increase of lymph nodes, dystrophic defeat nails, intense loss of hair. With a extended course, the disease causes an imbalance of the metabolic processes of the body, problems in the functioning of the cardiovascular system and the kidney.
- The psoriatic arthritis. Together with eruptions papulari in these patients occurs in a disease of the joints. The disease most exposed men, young and middle-age, the disease is characterized by a poor clinical symptomatology and lively celebrations on the x-ray. This is the most heavy and complex form of psoriasis, which leads to the visual impairment, and in some cases fatal. It affects the limbs to the type of arthritis, the small joints of the hands and feet, vertebral column. Articular manifestations occur after about 4-6 years from the debut of the disease, sometimes also with skin rashes. The slabs are pockets of osteoporosis, reduction of the joint space, the appearance of osteophytes.
- Psoriasis pustular. This type of dermatitis is divided into two types: simple and general. With a simple type of pustular psoriasis on feet and hands appear to be symmetric precipitation - pustules, skin rash, systemic, throughout the body can also be mucinosis elements. In general, the form of state, the seriously ill, an increase of temperature, weakness, and leukocytosis. Skin rashes, massive, all over the body, in the form of a special spread, red foci, and small papules, form brown-yellow of the peel. This type of dermatitis develops a second time, and has a tendency to degenerate, which ends with a fatal outcome. Therefore, the symptoms, causes and treatment of psoriasis should be kept under strict medical control.In addition to the main types of psoriasis, there is still a lot of shapes and atypical current of process.
When the disease psoriasis and the choice for his treatment, they take into account many factors. But it is always the approach to the treatment of a disease.All the patients affected by psoriasis, it is recommended to normalize the mode of power supply:
- Balance the diet for protein, fats and carbohydrates.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, in particular, of the family solanaceae.
- Eliminate foods with preservatives and additives, fast food.
- Abandon the intake of alcohol and strong tea and coffee making facilities.
- You need to try to avoid stressful situations, more rest and continue to sleep.
Depending on the cause of psoriasis, type and severity necessarily assigned to the pharmacological treatment.In mild severity of the process is usually prescribed to a group of medicines basic therapy:
- Drugs that reduce the permeability of the vascular wall, antihistamines.
- Sedatives and tranquilizers.
- Detox drugs for internal use and the introduction of plasma expanders.
- Liver protectors.
- Ointments with corticosteroids, NSAIDS, tar, etc.
When the media and serious disease, and basic treatment, apply to:
- Glucocorticoids in the form of pills and injections.
- THE FANS.
The effective treatment of psoriasis makes extensive use of technical draining of exposure, in particular, photochemotherapy and phototherapy selective (full exposure to the UV spectrum And and photosensitizer). The recovery with the help of photochemotherapy gives excellent results.
Phototherapy selective with the simultaneous application of vitamin E has shown good results for the treatment of dermatoses and mild. Apparatus to carry out the procedures are compact, can be used to treat psoriasis home.
The execution of a severe form of the disease that may cause a malfunction of the internal organs: liver, kidneys, cardiovascular system, metabolic serious violation.
The psoriatic arthritis because of degenerative changes in the osteo-articular system is full of distortions, subluxation, and fractures. This type of dermatitis often leads to disability.
The general forms of psoriasis they are moving quickly and can lead to death. Therefore, even mild symptoms of psoriasis of the skin it is recommended that you do not leave without attention and as quickly as possible, consult a doctor.
No matter what have been observed the symptoms and causes of psoriasis, and all the actions aimed at normalizing the diet, mode of day and rest. Considering the legacy of the transmission of the psoriasis, it is worth the child to monitor their health, to undergo medical checks, eat well and avoid stress.
Because this disease affects the liver, as a preventive measure, it is necessary to exclude from the diet of citrus fruits, pastries, smoked and fried foods, canned foods, ready meals, etc
In a period of remission of active process it is advisable to have a spa treatment, employment, physical therapy, massage.